Friday, July 27, 2018

Long time no post! Updated rambling!

Well, I have not been posting for a while... I forgot that I even have this blog!

I have been sewing some striped and polka-dot garments for the Pattern Review Polka Dots and Stripes Contest.... with varying degrees of success. I have only entered one review so far, Here. I have made three pairs of shorts (one very much a muslin), four shirts, and one dress.

New acquisitions include a Coverstitch machine (which I have not used as much as I thought I would so far), and a bunch of Jalie patterns. Oh, and way more fabric, notions, elastic, and thread than I should have. The never-ending problem of falling in love with too much fabric, and too many patterns, and...

The unlimited Video thing on Craftsy has gotten me excited about so much sewing! I only wish there was a pants/ jeans fitting class that went over LOTS of signs about what alterations to make. I know how to make many alterations, just now when those alterations may be needed.

So far, my favorite classes are by Kenneth D King, Angela Wolf, Sandra Betzina, Beverly Johnson, Jenny Rushmore, Lorna Knight (I could happily listen to her talk about a phone book) and of course Janet Pray.

Speaking of Janet Pray, I have not yet mastered sewing without pins! Perhaps rayon challis is not the fabric to start practicing on. But even with pins, her technique and hand placement has helped me!

Kenneth D King has gotten me into silk organza again. Would ordering 25 yards from Dharma before the tariffs raise the price be too much? And here I was, telling myself, NO MORE FABRIC! (Except I have to get some of the luscious fabrics from Simply by Ti. Did I mention she emailed me right away with suggestions for shorts patterns when I asked her about a pattern in her picture? <3

Decisions, decisions... something my ADD brain is not so good at.

I want extension tables, an old straight stitch machine with a knee bar thingy, a machine that can sew cordura and leather, a new iron and ironing board, more fabric, undergarment supplies....

And I want to make jeans, undergarments, more rayon challis shirts and dresses (but I need more fabric), motorcycle pants for John, a coat, an inspired-by-one-of-my-favorite-designers garment (hyphenated modifier!) and more shorts... and all of my new Jalie patterns.  I think I need a couple more summers before school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment